Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Clean or Dirty?


I made this cute little magnet as a "Happy new dishwasher" gift for my mom. Not only did she get a new dishwasher, but she has re-done her kitchen with a sun flower theme. I'm not a big fan of "themed" rooms, but so far it's turned out pretty nice.

Next on my list is to make one for myself because I am SO tired of hearing "Baby, are these dishes clean or dirty?" from James (my loving husband) I highly doubt that this magnet will solve those issues, but at least I can say I tried. Hopefully we figure out a color scheme for the kitchen soon so I can make one that will match!

This was a super easy project (all of my projects are!) and it was inexpensive too!

Supplies:
Mod Podge
Scrapbook paper
Ric Rac
Coordinating flower
Exact-o Knife
Plain piece of wood
Letter stickers/vinyl
Adhesive (I used my trusty hot glue gun)

Directions:
Mod Podge your piece of wood.
Place Mod Podged side on to the wrong side of your scrapbook paper.
Cut around the wood with an exact-o knife
Add Ric Rac and flower (I used hot glue)
Stick on letters!
TA-DA! An awesome 'clean/dirty' magnet!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I need to do this! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I totally need something like this so hubby stops loading dirties into my clean dishes. I'm stealing this idea.

    Beth

    p.s. So glad you found me too and I you! Come back and visit.

    ReplyDelete